Thursday, April 8, 2010

next to normal

so last year my best friend took me to see a broadway show that he and his other best friend who also happens to be named kristina had collectively seen about 15 times and i am not exaggerating. it was called next to normal, it's a show about a family in crisis and mental dysfunction... the mother is the crazy one, her baby died 16 yrs ago and she has over the years hallucinated his aging process, till now she imagines him as a 17 yr old, its intense. i wish i was that kind of crazy. wish i could imagine the last 17 yrs of my life with her still here. but i can't even remember what her voice sounded like... anyway it was, is, will continue to be, amazing. the songs are so terribly powerful i can't stand it sometimes. i like to sit in the dark and listen to the soundtrack over and over, (is that strange?)  here is a list of some of my favorite lines from the songs.
  • you're gone as of may,and there's nothing your paranoid parents can say. (everything else)
  • my psycho-pharmacologist and i. call it a lover's game. he knows my deepest secrets. i know his... name! (who's crazy...)
  • ooh, thank you, doctor, valium is my favorite color. how'd you know? (who's crazy...)
  • they say love is blind... but believe me, love is insane. (who's crazy...)
  • the sensation that you're screaming, but you never make a sound. or the feeling that you're falling, but you never hit the ground. (you don't know)
  • you just don’t know who i am ( i am the one)
  • i wish i could fly and magically appear and disappear i wish i could fly i'd fly far away from here (superboy and the invisible girl)
  • catch me i'm falling, catch me i'm falling, faster than anyone should. catch me i'm falling, please hear me calling. catch me i falling for good. (catch me i'm falling)
  • catch me i'm falling flying head first into fate catch me i'm falling please hear me calling catch me before it's too late (catch me falling)
  • i'll wake alone tomorrow the dream of our dance is through but now until forever love i'll live to dance with you i'll dream my love i'll live my love and i'll die to dance with... (i dreamed a dance)
  • i'm the light and heat of every sun, i'm a bullet from a magic gun, and i'm trying to enjoy it but i'm missing all the fun. (wish i were here)
  • can i hide my stupid hunger, fake some confidence and cheer, 'wish i were here'? wish i were here. (wish i were here)
  • i couldn't give a flying fuck what's normal we haven't had a normal day in years (seconds and years)
  • catch me i'm falling, sinking and sprawling, maybe i'll let myself fall. watch me i'm falling, maybe the falling, isn't so bad after all, isn't so bad after all. watch me i'm falling, watch me i'm flying, somehow surviving. (catch me i'm falling (reprise))

    No comments:

    Post a Comment